Sunday, February 28, 2016

Using Social Media to Assess Learning

Hey everyone! 

I am really excited to share with you all something I have recently started doing in my classroom that my students LOVE! 

Sometimes, I want a quick grade, something meaningful to put in stations, or an exit ticket...but.. I want my students to really enjoy doing it. I decided to create a few different social media sheets that my students can create to tell me what they have learned about.
Use Social media to quickly and easily assess your students learning!

This is a quick and easy way to informally assess their learning! They love everything about social media, and I really see their creative side come out while doing these activities. It requires them to really extend their learning, because they have to tell me about it in a variety of ways.

Here is a couple of examples of some Instagram sheets we did about the Solar System.
Use Social media to quickly and easily assess your students learning!

Use Social media to quickly and easily assess your students learning!

I also had my students blog about a hero they learned about in Social studies.
Use Social media to quickly and easily assess your students learning!

This week I am going to give them the "Tweet about it" sheet to tell me about Area and Perimeter! 

You can grab the Instagram sheet for FREE here!! I promise your students will love it! If you are interested in all of the social media sheets, click here!

-Ashley
Teach Create Motivate

3 comments:

  1. Hi. This is great. Can I get the Twitter and FB and Blog sheets anywhere? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sheets are great and I would love a copy to use in my class. Unfortunately, when i click the "here" button a new window opens but there is nothing on it. Can you please tell me how else I can get them? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a smart blog. I mean it. You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so much passion. You also know how to make people rally behind it, obviously from the responses. Social Media Management

    ReplyDelete