Monday, May 18, 2015

The Perfect End of Year Gift ... For ANY grade



 The end of the year is just days away. Are you still in search of the perfect end of year gift to give your kiddos? Do you need something that is meaningful yet cost effective? I have the perfect idea for you. 

This gift is quick, easy, thoughtful, and totally adorable.


Here is how I made this. 

1. Snap a picture of each of your students in front of a chalkboard. It doesn't have to be a chalkboard, but I found that works best. 

2. Upload your photo to your computer. 

3. Go to https://tagul.com/  . This is where you can create the apple or any other shape you'd like. Follow the website's instructions. You can add as many words as you'd like. You can customize the font, color, size, and direction of the words. Save your work to your computer. 

4. Open up PowerPoint on your computer. Select a BLANK slide. Insert the picture of your little one. Size it anyway you would like. If you are going to be placing in a frame, then size it to the size of the frame.

5. Insert the shape picture you created. Again, size it and place it wherever you'd like. 

6. Type in the little one's name. And include your class name, grade, and year. To make the colors of the text stand out like I did, I right clicked on the text. Then, selected format text effects. Next, I went to glow and soft edges. I picked the color I wanted and Wa-La! 

7. Now it is time to save your work. Click on the picture. Then click select. Then select all (top right side of PowerPoint). Right click and click save as picture. Name your picture and then you are all done!

I'm going to print mine out on photo paper. I will most likely head to the dollar store and buy some frames to place them in. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous last few days!


Image Map

4 comments:

  1. What an amazing idea! I've made the word clouds for them before, but never would I have thought to do this! This would be an amazing end of the year gift! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, what an ADORABLE gift! This would be such a cute an original gift for my class. I'm also thinking about using this for a beginning of the year activity. Maybe students can come up with a list of words that best describes them and I can add that to the apple... LOVE IT! Thank you for the idea and the simple to follow instructions.
    :0) Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a great way to start the year off! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete