Sunday, March 27, 2016

Low Prep Dinner for Busy Teachers

Spring-time can be a super-hectic time for teachers!  The fatigue of the school year can set in, leaving you with little energy or will to prepare a healthy meal.  I'm sharing one of my FAVORITE recipes for when I'm at my busiest and EVERYONE is excited to see this meal when the crew comes home!


Back in the day when I was shuffling between soccer games and watching my daughter cheer, a friend shared a recipe for roast beef that quickly became a staple in our household.

What made it so special?
I could come home from work, spend 15 minutes in the house prepping the meal, and LEAVE!  When I come home, it was done!  No watching the clock. Just done! Let me tell you, my family knows this aroma when they enter the house and are PUMPED!

Ingredients:
Eye Round Roast
Kitchen Bouquet Browning Sauce


  1. Preheat your oven to 500 degree
  2. Line your baking pan with foil
  3. Completely cover your roast in a even layer of Kitchen Bouquet
  4. Bake in the oven 5 minutes per pound.  (I usually try to find a roast that is pretty close to exactly 2 or 3 lbs )  This makes a perfectly rare roast.  Adjust time to suit your taste.
  5. When your timer goes off.  Turn off the oven, but....DO NOT open.  The radiant heat will cook the roast.
  6. Run your errands, take a nap...WHATEVER
  7. Two hours later, your roast is ready!  
Add a simple salad.  In a new pan, drizzle potato wedges with olive oil and rosemary and bake until lightly crisp.

Later in the week, use the leftovers by thinly slicing the the roast to have French Dip sandwiches to bring to the soccer field or baseball park with a bag of chips & baby carrots with ranch dip.  

Hope you enjoy one less meal to fuss over and avoid running through the Drive-Thru!

Image Map

1 comment: