Sunday, April 5, 2015

Welcome to our blog


We are excited to introduce you to our new blog dedicated to and written for third grade teachers!

This is where we plan to share our stories about the work we're doing in our own 3rd grade classrooms. We will also be telling you about different strategies we have used and we will let you know what has worked or perhaps even what didn't work and how we plan on improving it for the future. You will hear about some tips, ideas, and even technology that we implement in our own classrooms as we ourselves try to meet the high demands set upon our 3rd graders. 


The best part of it all, is that we are ALL third grade teachers just like yourself! 
We are in your same shoes... 
We are experiencing the same struggles and triumphs as you are... 
We know how you feel!

So what better place to look for advice on third grade matters or what better place to meet a community of teachers that knows where you're coming from, 
then a blog dedicated to teaching 3rd grade. 

So once again WELCOME and enjoy your stay! 



7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited about this blog! Third graders certainly are a unique pleasure and challenge to teach. My favorite! I've attempted to follow by email but it says it isn't activated. Are you planning to activate this option? I certainly hope so.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, you nailed it! Teaching 3rd grade is definitely UNIQUE and REWARDING! It is also my favorite grade to teach I've been teaching it for most of my career and wouldn't have it any other way.
    I'm checking on the "follow by email" because it should be activated. Thanks for the heads up :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited. I was just told that I was looping with my wonderful class. I have taught K, 2, 4 and 5 but not third. You guys are amazing and this will help so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are going to LOVE 3rd and we are going to help you along the way!
      WELCOME :0)

      Delete
  5. Thank you! This has come at the right time as I was thinking about requesting to be moved AGAIN. I survived my first year teaching 3rd coming from teaching Kindergarten. It was too big a leap for me. My school only has 1 of each grade and the former 3rd grade teacher taught for 40 years. I struggled through teaching concepts in Math I have never taught (fractions, multiplication, metric system...) and the writing process...REALLY? They don't just sit down and WRITE? and then author chair? NO ON! but I made it with a LOT of help from Jamie at Diary of a Not so Wimpy Teacher. Your Interactive Math Notebooks helped my students and me so MUCH! Thank you! and Debi at Third Grade Pad! all of your scoot games and centers saved my life! Thank you everyone for putting this out there and I am a follower!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jennifer, for your kind words. It means the world to know how my resources are impacting teachers and students. I hope that this blog continues to inspire you!

      Delete