Friday, September 11, 2015

5 Reasons Why I Love Google Classroom!

Hi guys! It's Aris Rossi, the author behind the blog Sailing into Second! Today I'll be sharing the top 5 reasons why I love and use Google Classroom!


Sailing into Second-google classroom 5 reasons
I don't know about you, but time is SUPER limited at our school. I find myself always planning, analyzing data, and grading at home! That was true, until I started to use Google Classroom! Now I find myself grading papers quickly and more efficiently! You too can be a super teacher and stay organized and ahead of the game!
Sailing into Second-google classroom 5 reasons
Google Classroom is made to help teachers create and collect classwork paperlessly! Yes, you heard me...PAPERLESS! When you set it all up, it creates Google Drive folders for each classroom assignment. It even does it for each student! SWEET! No more lost papers too! :)
  Sailing into Second-google classroom 5 reasons
To create a Google Classroom page, you'll first have to sign up at HERE and is limited to schools that sign up for Google Apps for Education. It's FREE!! #winning

Sailing into Second-google classroom 5 reasons
One of my favorite features is the ability for my students to comment and post on the main classroom page. I leave that feature on so students can post questions about assignments and other classmates can chime in and help when needed. It really does save me time because I'm not answering the same questions 24/7.

Sailing into Second-google classroom 5 reasons
Now my students can turn in an assignment all in Google Classroom. No more having to "share" a Google Doc with you and overcrowd your inbox with notifications. You can see who has turned it the assignment and who hasn't. This is a really helpful tool when communicating with their parents too! Once they've turned in an assignment, you can grade it and send it back to them to review and see their score. Instant feedback!

So there you have it! Those are my top 5 reasons why you should start using Google Classroom today and maintain that sanity during all this BTS season. Use the buttons below to follow my blog and TpT store for more ideas!

2 comments:

  1. Do you use an app for the students to use this, or do they have email addresses at school? Thanks for this information, I'll try talking to our IT department to see if this is something we can do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! They have their own email addresses within our district! :)

    ReplyDelete