Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Color Coding School Supplies



Hey, Friends! It's Amber from Peppy Zesty Teacherista. 

Today I'm sharing with y'all a little tip that has saved me in the classroom.
I'm a self contained third grade teacher so papers and projects are flying left and right. 
Sometimes we don't finish all our work because time just gets the best of us. I DO want them to save it so they can continue the next day, but shoving all those papers into one hub just wasn't working for me. 

As a result, my team decided to color code each subject.

Reading: Green
Math: Red
Writing: Yellow
Science/Social Studies: Purple 
(This year we combined these subject but last year they had their own color)

I used masking tape (painter's tape words really well) to place in the side of the notebooks.





Each interactive notebook has a colored folder that matches the subject. If you don't finish your writing assignment, place it in the yellow folder. Time to do a reading interactive notebook? Get out your green notebook.

At the beginning of the year, I place colored tape on the spine of the notebook to easily differentiate. 
I hope this post helps spark some idea for helping contain the chaos in a self contained classroom! 




I would also love for you to {CLICK HERE} or click the image below so you can have access to tons of freebies and also see how I manage turning in papers and other organizational tips! 





1 comment:

  1. I would love to get into interactive notebooks. Do you have any that are your favorite? Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete