Sunday, October 11, 2015

Columbus Day Ideas

Hi guys! It's Aris from Sailing into Second! Columbus Day is just around the corner! If you're like me and are looking for a quick activities to do with your class, this post is for you!

I like to start Columbus Day by reading some informational books on his journey and life as an explorer. These are a few of my favorite below!



Another great resource I'll be using next week is BrainPOP Jr.'s Columbus Day video!
Columbus Day Sailing into Second
My kids LOVE when I show a Moby video! BrainPOP Jr. has tons of great video resources for all subject matters K-3. They are fun, informative, and have meaningful learning extension activities and quizzes. You can access that video {HERE}but you'll need to create an account or start a free trial to watch it.

I'll also be having my students take notes as they watch the Brain Pop Jr. video. That way I they are engaged and it's meaningful! You can grab the themed writing paper and thinking map activity from my unit Exploring Columbus {Activities for Columbus Day} by clicking on the images below.

Columbus Day freebie Sailing into Second

So there you have it! Some free and fast Columbus Day activities you can use in your classroom! Use the buttons below to follow my blog and TpT store for more ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment