Tuesday, October 6, 2015

QR Codes in the Classroom {Tutorial}

Hey Friends! It's Ashley from Teach Create Motivate!! 

I can't believe it is already OCTOBER!! We are finally getting into our groove of things in my classroom and I love it! I am the type of teacher that models models models until my face is blue, so that we can finally be super independent! One way I love fostering independence and engagement in my classroom is with QR Codes!! I wanted to bring you a quick tutorial today so you could try it out yourself! :)

 Not only are there a ton of amazing QR code resources on TpT, it is so easy to quickly whip up your own!! You could use a single QR code projected on the board for your students to scan to quickly get to a website or program on their devices. My favorite way to use them is on station task cards (students check their own learning!) or classroom incentives! 
 My favorite website to use is www.qrstuff.com. You can have you qr code lead you to many many options! My favorite one I use is just "plain text". This allows me to type anything I need to in the text box!!
For example you might want to type the answer to a subtraction with regrouping problem that your students are working on. Type it in the text box. When you finish typing it will automatically generate your QR Code specific to that answer. Click "download QR code" or take a screenshot. 

Insert it into the document you are working on with the problems or questions you are giving your students. You can resize it to be as big or small as you want it. It doesn't matter! 
You will need a different QR code for each different answer you make.

Make sure to download a QR Code Reader app for your tablets/devices. That is IT! It's easy peasy!! You don't have to have a code for each question, you can start small like one per group or one for your class. 

Students love the excitement of the "secret" code and independence of checking their own work! My favorite place to use them is in stations like my inferencing task cards or place value hunt

I hope you found this tutorial useful! :)

Image Map Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment